Welcome to the East Gate Cafe, Tavistock
**** Reopening SATURDAY 4TH JULY****
Following the recent government announcement, we are excited to confirm that we will be reopening on 4th July at 9.30 am.
We endeavor to follow government guidelines at all times and our aim is to make sure all staff and customers are safe when visiting Eastgate. It will be a different experience to the last time you visited as we will have to work in different ways.
Some of the steps we are taking include:
- On arrival we will ask for your details (name, address & contact number). This is for the track and trace system the government has in place.
- We will continue to only offer table service
- Disposable single-use menus
- A reduced menu but still with all your favourites
- Readily available hand sanitisers
- Contactless card payment (preferred)
- Increased cleaning protocols
- Tables will be sanitised and cleaned before being used again
- Kindly asking you to keep 1 metre away at all times from other customers and staff.
- Closely monitoring the number of people in Eastgate and if we reach capacity we will kindly ask you to wait outside the front entrance.
- Increased signage to help you understand the measures that have been put in place
- Reduced team numbers to keep them safe
We are working really hard behind the scenes to ensure everything is ready to reopen on Saturday 4th July including undertaking a deep clean and staff training.
We are now taking bookings and would encourage you to contact us to make a reservation by email (‘contact us’ form on website), or telephone (leave a message if we are not able to take your call).
Telephone: 01822 615665
The Eastgate Cafe and Brasserie is idyllically situated just a few short paces from the Tavistock town centre and is right next to the River Tavy. There is a large outdoor terrace alongside the River which is a must during the summer, allowing you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river as you enjoy your food and drink. Inside, the restaurant is light, bright and modern but has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The EastGate Cafe and Brasserie in Tavistock is the place to be if you want a place to meet for drinks, or fantastic freshly prepared local food and exceptionally friendly service in a contemporary setting with indoor and outdoor seating.
We are pleased to be able to welcome young children and offer baby changing facilities and have a number of high chairs for your use. We also offer wheelchair access and will do our best to accommodate your needs as a customer.
Dogs are welcome inside and outside in our courtyard