Welcome to the East Gate Cafe, Tavistock
** OPEN – COVID STATEMENT **
We have been overwhelmed with the positive response from our customers since we have reopened. We would like to thank you for your custom and adhering to our new safety measures.
We are excited to be participating in the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in August. The scheme includes our full menu and there is no minimum spend required. You can receive a maximum of £10 off per person.
Our current Opening Times are:
Monday – Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Sunday: 11.00am – 3.00pm
If you have not visited us yet some of the steps we have taken include:
- On arrival you will be asked for your details (name, address & contact number). This is for the track and trace system the government has in place.
- We will continue to only offer table service
- Disposable single-use menus
- A reduced menu but still with all your favourites
- Readily available hand sanitisers
- Contactless card payment (preferred)
- Increased cleaning protocols
- Tables will be sanitised and cleaned before being used again
- Kindly asking you to keep 1 metre away at all times from other customers and staff.
- Closely monitoring the number of people in Eastgate and if we reach capacity we will kindly ask you to wait outside the front entrance.
- Increased signage to help you understand the measures that have been put in place
- Reduced team numbers to keep them safe
We are taking bookings and would encourage you to contact us to make a reservation by email (‘contact us’ form on website), or telephone 01822 615665 (leave a message if we are not able to take your call).
The Eastgate Cafe and Brasserie is idyllically situated just a few short paces from the Tavistock town centre and is right next to the River Tavy. There is a large outdoor terrace alongside the River which is a must during the summer, allowing you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river as you enjoy your food and drink. Inside, the restaurant is light, bright and modern but has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The EastGate Cafe and Brasserie in Tavistock is the place to be if you want a place to meet for drinks, or for fantastic freshly prepared local food and exceptionally friendly service in a contemporary setting with indoor and outdoor seating.
We are pleased to be able to welcome young children and offer baby changing facilities and have a number of high chairs for your use. We also offer wheelchair access and will do our best to accommodate your needs as a customer.
Dogs are welcome inside and outside in our courtyard