Welcome to the East Gate Cafe, Tavistock
** RE-OPENING – APRIL 2021 UPDATE **
We are delighted to announce that following the Government’s confirmation of the easing of restrictions we will be re-opening our Riverside Terrace Area from Monday 12th April
As we are restricted to outside opening only our hours will be weather dependent but we are staying positive that we will have lots of bright, dry, sunny days and are very much looking forward to see all our wonderful customers again.
- 10.00am – 4.00pm Monday* to Friday
- 9.30am – 4.00pm Saturday
- 11.00am – 3pm Sunday
*We will be closed on Monday 19th and Monday 26th April 2021
** COVID STATEMENT **
If you have not visited us yet some of the steps we have taken include:
- On arrival you will be asked for your details (name, address & contact number). This is for the track and trace system the government has in place.
- Kindly asking that you wear a face mask when moving around the restaurant
- All staff members wearing face coverings
- We will continue to only offer table service
- Menus sanitised before and after each use
- A reduced menu but still with all your favourites
- Readily available hand sanitisers
- Contactless card payment (preferred)
- Increased cleaning protocols
- Tables will be sanitised and cleaned before being used again
- Kindly asking you to keep 1 metre away at all times from other customers and staff.
- Closely monitoring the number of people in Eastgate and if we reach capacity we will kindly ask you to wait outside the front entrance.
- Increased signage to help you understand the measures that have been put in place
- Reduced team numbers to keep them safe
The Eastgate Cafe and Brasserie is idyllically situated just a few short paces from the Tavistock town centre and is right next to the River Tavy. There is a large outdoor terrace alongside the River which is a must during the summer, allowing you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river as you enjoy your food and drink. Inside, the restaurant is light, bright and modern but has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The EastGate Cafe and Brasserie in Tavistock is the place to be if you want a place to meet for drinks, or for fantastic freshly prepared local food and exceptionally friendly service in a contemporary setting with indoor and outdoor seating.
We are pleased to be able to welcome young children and offer baby changing facilities and have a number of high chairs for your use. We also offer wheelchair access and will do our best to accommodate your needs as a customer.
Dogs are welcome inside and outside in our courtyard