Welcome to the East Gate Cafe, Tavistock
** CLOSED – JANUARY 2021 UPDATE **
In accordance with UK government guidelines we are currently closed.
We will continue to review the situation according to the government guidelines and will update our Facebook and website to let you know when we will be reopening.
Please note that the answerphone at Eastgate will not be regularly checked so please email us at email@example.com if you would like to get in contact with us.
We would like to wish you a healthy and happy 2021 and we hope to see you again soon.
** COVID STATEMENT **
If you have not visited us yet some of the steps we have taken include:
- On arrival you will be asked for your details (name, address & contact number). This is for the track and trace system the government has in place.
- Kindly asking that you wear a face mask when moving around the restaurant
- All staff members wearing face coverings
- We will continue to only offer table service
- Menus sanitised before and after each use
- A reduced menu but still with all your favourites
- Readily available hand sanitisers
- Contactless card payment (preferred)
- Increased cleaning protocols
- Tables will be sanitised and cleaned before being used again
- Kindly asking you to keep 1 metre away at all times from other customers and staff.
- Closely monitoring the number of people in Eastgate and if we reach capacity we will kindly ask you to wait outside the front entrance.
- Increased signage to help you understand the measures that have been put in place
- Reduced team numbers to keep them safe
The Eastgate Cafe and Brasserie is idyllically situated just a few short paces from the Tavistock town centre and is right next to the River Tavy. There is a large outdoor terrace alongside the River which is a must during the summer, allowing you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river as you enjoy your food and drink. Inside, the restaurant is light, bright and modern but has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The EastGate Cafe and Brasserie in Tavistock is the place to be if you want a place to meet for drinks, or for fantastic freshly prepared local food and exceptionally friendly service in a contemporary setting with indoor and outdoor seating.
We are pleased to be able to welcome young children and offer baby changing facilities and have a number of high chairs for your use. We also offer wheelchair access and will do our best to accommodate your needs as a customer.
Dogs are welcome inside and outside in our courtyard