We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and capable chef to lead our fantastic kitchen team.
- Experienced chef with a passion for food
- An effective leader able to inspire, motivate and direct the kitchen team
- Able to follow and enforce SFBB food safety and hygiene standards to the highest level
- Maintaining, ordering and rotating food stocks within budget
- An excellent understanding of the importance of cost control and profit margins
- A chef that enjoys the buzz of a busy kitchen and working with a small team
A successful person will have:
- A passion for cooking
- Be extremely reliable and flexible (we operate a weekly rota system)
- Excellent people-management and communication skills
- Previous experience working in a busy, fast paced kitchen (min 2 years)
- Experience in ordering and stock taking
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Up-to-date Food Safety/Health and Hygiene Certificates
As Head Chef at Eastgate you will:
- Achieve a sensible work/life balance. Straight shifts, 5-day weeks working 7.5 hours and NO evenings.
- A good salary £20,000 – £22,000 (with additional tips amounting to £2,500-£3,000pa)
- Permanent/ full time (37.5 hours) Contract
- Meal provided whilst on duty, 25% discount on food and drink otherwise
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
The Eastgate Café and Brasserie is a busy day time restaurant with a 5 star food hygiene rating. We are located in the beautiful market town of Tavistock next to the River Tavy.
Our restaurant seats 70 inside and has a further 50 covers outside. It is common for us to be full between 12-2pm and we offer a vast, varied menu to suit the needs of our customers.
We currently have a team of 4 chefs and as part of your role, you will need to have the managerial skills and experience to be responsible for managing the kitchen. As a Head Chef, you will also be responsible for ensuring all areas of food hygiene, health and safety and back of house operations are completed to the highest standard.
We are looking for an individual with a real passion for hospitality and food who can inspire and lead the kitchen team to enthusiastically deliver brilliant service at all times. Along with great communication skills, you’ll also be flexible, reliable and work well under pressure, being able to react to changing situations and put our guests first at all times.