Welcome to the East Gate Cafe, Tavistock
We are delighted to announce that we are now fully open with seating both inside and outside on our Riverside Terrace.
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday – Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Sunday: 10.30am – 3.00pm
Please note we are currently CLOSED on Mondays.
We are very happy to take reservations please call 01822 615665 to book your table.
Whilst regulations have been lifted we are still taking the measures below to keep you safe
- Kindly asking that you wear a face mask when moving around the restaurant
- All staff members will be wearing face coverings
- We will continue to only offer table service
- Readily available hand sanitisers
- Contactless card payment (preferred)
- Tables will be sanitised and cleaned before being used again
The Eastgate Cafe and Brasserie is idyllically situated just a few short paces from the Tavistock town centre and is right next to the River Tavy. There is a large outdoor terrace alongside the River which is a must during the summer, allowing you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river as you enjoy your food and drink. Inside, the restaurant is light, bright and modern but has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The EastGate Cafe and Brasserie in Tavistock is the place to be if you want a place to meet for drinks, or for fantastic freshly prepared local food and exceptionally friendly service in a contemporary setting with indoor and outdoor seating.
We are pleased to be able to welcome young children and offer baby changing facilities and have a number of high chairs for your use. We also offer wheelchair access and will do our best to accommodate your needs as a customer.
Dogs are welcome inside and outside in our courtyard